Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Month of Cookies- Zucchini Cookies 5

I'm still at it here, keeping my fingers crossed that I can sustain the pace.  Here we are with cookie number 5 which is a zucchini spice cookie.  Now this recipe comes from a very nice friend who had an over abundance of zucchini.  Zucchini seems to be one of those things that people are always looking for recipes to use them up.  Well, it turns out that this recipe makes a very nice soft  and mildly spiced cookie with optional nuts which can be left out if nut allergies are an issue for you.
Zucchini cookies
1 cup margarine or butter
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
4 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts ( optional )
Cream, butter and sugar.  Mix in eggs.  Mix flour, soda, cinnamon and salt together and stir in to batter.  Stir in chocolate chips and nuts if desired.  Drop onto greased cookie sheet by teaspoonful, and bake 350 degrees for 15 min or until cookies are firmed up in the center and beginning to brown on the edges.

makes 5 dozen cookies

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look delish and i'm impressed that you're really doing a batch a day. : O

kim6erly said...

I tried to comment again on the previous post - but no I was not allowed for some reason.

ANyway - I wanted just to say I wish I lived closer so you could share some cookies with me :)

So, I guess sharing recipes is the next best thing :)

LittleRed said...

Everyone is invited to come and take some cookies away. I will soon be drowning in them:) Thanks for taking the time to comment!