Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Month of Cookies-Lemon Dimples- 7

With a name like Lemon Dimples....how could you not try these.  I really love lemon curd and it just so happened that I had a jar sitting in my pantry just waiting to be used up.  So when I chanced upon this recipe over at the Woman's Day site, I decided that I had to try it.  The cookie dough, as promised, was extremely quick to mix up, with the only time consuming part being the 1 hour chilling time.  No worries there.  I did not have any lemons laying around though so I did make a little substitution from the original recipe which called for lemon zest.  For how quickly these baked up....I will have to make them again........because I loved them.  I loved their lemony deliciousness, and I love that their flavour is a little unusual as far as normal cookie recipes go.  If you'd like to try them, this is what I did....and don't skimp on the filling.....make the dent for the filling nice and large and fill it up.  I found that the cookies did not spread too much for me during baking, and no filling spilled out.  If you love lemon.....you might just love these too!
Lemon Dimples 
(Adapted from Woman's Day Recipe)
3/4 cup softened butter
1/2 cup icing sugar (confectioners sugar)
1/4 cup white sugar
1 large egg
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp lemon extract
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp orange juice
2 cups flour
1 cup lemon curd for filling
Cream the butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy.  Add egg, juices, lemon extract, and stir in.  Mix in baking powder and flour and set aside to chill in the fridge for 1 hour.  Roll 1 tbsp of dough into a ball and press center to make a dent to hold the filling.  Place balls on parchment lines sheets, 2 inches apart.  Pipe in about 1 tsp of lemon curd to fill each dent.  (Use a sandwich bag with the corner cut off for piping) Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until the edges begin to colour.  Cool on the baking sheet before removing.  Sprinkle with extra icing sugar to decorate.

2 comments:

Merry said...

These look divine. I love lemon cookies/cakes....anything really.

LittleRed said...

Hi Merry:) Thanks for stopping by! I love lemon too so I wanted to try these. I will be making them again too since they were very simple and look a little fancier than drop cookies.