Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Thrift Shop Goodness.....mostly:)

There hasn't been a lot of time to get out and enjoy the thrift shops lately.....but I did manage to squeeze in a few quick trips and pick up some things here and there.  I found three pretty tins on two different occasions....one of which I had in mind for my mother.....but with any luck she'll not like it......then they'll be mine.....ALL MINE....(insert evil laugh here).  I also found a beautiful large pitcher perfect for summer lemonade......cannot wait to put that into use.
The red and turquoise tin is already in use and will soon be on it's way to tonight's parent meeting at the school.  I've been busy trying lots of new baking recipes for another post  that I'm getting ready for, and  have been doing a wee bit of sewing here and some embroidery there as well.  The pin cushion above  (just finished it) will soon be mailed for one of the PIF's I'd promised.  Busy here....keeps me out of trouble I suppose.  Now.....one more batch of cookies to bake, supper to cook and it's time to get going to that meeting.  I hope you are having a productive and enjoyable week as well!

6 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh, such a pretty group of tins, and the pitcher reminds me of one my Grandmother had!

I love your little pincushion! The fabric is really cute.

Your pendant is on the way! :-)

LittleRed said...

I can hardly wait to see it in person. I'll let you as soon as it arrives:) Thanks so very much!

bee said...

someones been thrifting too, such beautiful tins - i've got tin envy now!!

bee x

LittleRed said...

Thanks bee! It's only a few times each year that I find nice ornate ones that I'm willing to pay the price for......now I just need to fill them up. I love your vintage fabric finds too:)

AnnaOj said...

I just stumbled into your blog from my sister's Reader. Your posts make me smile! I love all your recipes and the cute little things you DIY.

I just started adding blogs to my own Reader and can't wait to see more posts from you! (:

xjo

LittleRed said...

How sweet are you??? Thanks very much for stopping by and I hope you find something useful:) or at the very least entertaining...