Sunday, April 13, 2008

Thinking of Others Swap


There was a very nice swap option posted on swap-bot a month ago called "Thinking of Others". The idea here was to prepare a swap to send to a person who would be the choice of your partner. I thought it was a nice idea so I signed up. My partner chose for me to send my package to a friend that she had lost touch with, and wanted to reconnect with. So it was sort of a "thinking of you" package. She requested that I send some things that were Catholic, or some things that were Canadian if had trouble finding something. I did manage to find some items that I hope her friend will like, and I hope that they reconnect with their letter writing. My mother-in-law was the person I chose to have my package sent to. Any day now she should be getting a nice surprise in the mail!
Update...Mother-in-law recieved package! I think she liked it:) I got partnered with a really awesome swapper so I was not too concerned. My MIL seemed pretty happy with what she had been sent and even more so by the little letter that had been included. Will definitely do this type of swap again....'cause you know I don't need a darned thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW this is such a great idea. It would be nice to sends a swap to someone else on your behalf, I am sure your partners freind will love her package which I am sure will be a super suprise.
I look forward to reading about your mother-in-law's response to her package.

SarahC -swap bot. blog comments swap (sorry I am away and do not know my blogger user name to log on to leave my URL)