Monday, April 21, 2008

The Sock Monkey has Landed


This sock monkey has arrived safely to it's new home in England, so it's now safe to post this. I am hoping she weathered the unglamourous journey to exotic England in her cardboard box all right. My swap partner stated a preference for pink striped socks, and one would imagine it would not be difficult to find pink stripey socks. Were it not for a brand new dollar store in town, this little monkey would be lime green. A perfectly lovely colour for a sock monkey, I think, but I'm equally sure others would disagree. Oh well, crisis averted....and now I have the makings of a lime green stripey monkey should it ever be requested. There was a great little tutorial for sock monkey making right here, should you feel so inclined. It was a reasonably quick little craft fix if you're up for it.

2 comments:

Yes It's Me :) said...

LOVE the monkey! How cute!!!

Unknown said...

Awwww - so cute!