Sunday, April 27, 2008

Another Busy Weekend and NO SNOW:)

After mopping some floors and cleaning some bathrooms and bedrooms, my son requested we spend some "quality time together". I had in fact promised that we would do something fun today. So all cleaning was put on hold for an "Ike" moment and we made some of his prize winning chocolate chip peanut butter cookies. The last time Ike made these was for the fall fair, for which, he won an awesome set of ribbons worthy of the Kentucky derby, and I scored two 10kg bags of Robin Hood flour because he also won the best baked item category. (I should preface this 'boasting' with the information that this is a VERY small country fair.) I'm actually using up the last 1/4 of the second bag now. Hmm, the crooked pictures are bothering me but I will let it go and try to figure it out later.....

I never thought too much about it before, but I did note that it was difficult for me to allow Ike to do his own thing with the cookie dough. I had to give him his own cookie sheet, as the non-uniform and oddly shaped cookies he was producing was making me feel as if I should correct their shapes as soon as he was not looking. However, I fought off these feelings and allowed him to express his "art" in his cookies. I now have in my dishwasher about a dozen tools he required to shape his "art cookies". To my relief and his mild disappointment, most of the cookies conformed to their expected round cookie shapes and all was right with the world. At least in mine.......

Whenever I make cookies, I use an scoop and release ice cream scoop. I've got 3 sizes now, and I love them all. Hmmm.......I am a little OCD I think...... Anyways.....Got to love the ice cream scoop especially when making cookies for school bake sales or to bring in for the class. Guaranteed to be all the same size!!!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. Your stories and OCD tendencies are hilarious.
JB