Friday, August 6, 2010

A New Pizza Oven

We are all back from a week away at camp.  We had lots of fun there and ate lots of delicious things.  I was especially excited to see mom's new pizza oven up and running.  We gave it a good try with pizza, rye bread, and even some baked crumble.  Everything tastes better when cooked with a wood fire.......at least I think so.  Now I REALLY want to have one of these in my back yard!  The list of things you could make in it is only limited by your imagination.  We prepared the pizza dough before going to camp so it sat in the fridge until we were ready for it. 
There were periods of intermittent and heavy rain, but we worked around the weather pretty well.  Dad managed to get the oven heated up with a good roaring fire, and mom got the pizza in before any of the serious rain happened.
Fortunately we did have a big umbrella to help recover the cooked pizza and bring it into the kitchen for dinner unharmed. 
Do you have a pizza oven or other wood fired outdoor oven at your house??? What do you like to make in it???  I'm just thinking about all the yuumy things I could make if I had one.........one of these days!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so envious of your mom. I can just imagine the yummy scents coming from the oven. And that pizza looks delicious!! Have a nice weekend.

Kitty said...

I am so envious of you! Oh, good god- what I would give for a wood fired pizza oven!

LittleRed said...

It has been lots of fun! I would highly recommend getting one if you have the means to get one. I'm already planning with my dad how to make one for my yard:0 DH will be so thrilled....I'm sure!