Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Moist Carrot Muffins

It's time for another PAC meeting ALREADY!....and that means more baking! As I already said, I've pretty much reached the end of my rope at coming up with something new to bring....or at least things I really like. And then I remembered this recipe. My uncle Kenny in Victoria makes these and they are very good. He serves them as a plain muffin, and they are very good on their own......but what carrot cake couldn't be improved by a little dollop of cream cheese icing....I just knew you'd agree:) So here's the recipe if you'd like try it or if you find yourself with a few extra carrots. The recipe for the frosting is coincidentally from uncle Kenny's sister....my Auntie Pat....so it's kind of a family effort. I almost made Auntie Pat's Pumpkin bars (as muffins) instead....but I think I'll save that for another meeting.

Uncle Kenny's Famous Carrot Pineapple Muffins

2 cups crushed pineapple with juice (not drained)
2 cups grated carrot (about 4 carrots grated on the small holes)
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla extract

Mix all of these ingredients together in a large bowl. Set aside.

3 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt

In another large bowl mix all dry ingredients together. Dump in the previously mixed wet ingredients into the dry, and mix just until combined.....no more. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter and bake 25-30 minutes at 350 F. Makes 30 muffins. I made this batch using 1/2 cup whole wheat flour and 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour and it turned out fine.

Auntie Pat's Yummy Cream Cheese Frosting

8 oz package of cream cheese softened
3/4 cup butter
1 cup icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp light cream

Cream the cheese and butter. Whip in the sugar, vanilla, and cream. Spread on cooled baking.


So here they are all ready to go and will a few extra that wouldn't fit into the container to leave at home too:)

4 comments:

Gecko said...

Awww....*drools over keyboard* these look sooooo nice!!! Carrot and pineapple, I never would've thought of that combination, must try!!!

Zion Girl said...

Oh yes, I am trying them. I love anything with carrots and the cream cheese frosting )(&*)(*^^%$!!%&^%**((*) (YUMMY)!

Anonymous said...

This looks very simmilar to the carrot cake recipe I inherited from my mom . . . and the cake I made for Andrew's first birthday. I wish I was there to eat one (and to stir up a little trouble at PAC)! :o)

LittleRed said...

There's one left Alison.....you'd better hurry!