Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Pretty Yellow Things

Thrift shops are one of my big addictions but  at the same time...... I sometimes find them very annoying.  I've been certain on very many occasions that whoever is in charge of setting their pricing needs their head examined.  I've picked up kids t-shirts to find the price tag reads $5-$6, I've found cups and saucers marked at $20-$25 (many with hairline cracks which makes them worth nothing at all), and nothing special items marked at similar pricing to purchasing them new.  My biggest complaint is with our 'big box' thrift store in town.  At least all of the other thrift shops are run by volunteers with a higher percentage of the proceeds going to good charities and if I pay a bit more than I think I should for something at least I know the money is going to a good cause.  In these stores......I'm even apt to let them keep the change.  
Sadly, it is the 'big box' store which has the most merchandise to choose from so I do stop in now and again and sometimes I find what I believe to be a good deal.  Today was such a day and for the effort of 30 minutes of poking around the aisles I came home with two pretty items.  I found a beautiful and unusual Paragon cup and saucer with a floral handle for $15 and a pretty Royal Albert Pastella Cake serving plate for $2.  And I suppose it's that kind of luck that keeps me coming back.......until next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your thrift prices do seem high. I love the cup and saucer!

And on a kefir note i've been scouring the web looking for a frozen kefir pop recipe. I'll let you know if I find anything good.

Cheers! : )

LittleRed said...

Thanks for stopping by:) I find them high....but then I'm cheap now aren't I?! I just tried a chocolate frozen yogurt recipe using kefir.....and it might make a nice pop:) Let me know what you try!