look here for a bit more detail. For this little bowl:
This Giveaway is now closed. Thanks to all who entered!Remember this little project??? Well I did eventually finish it, and finally the little china pin cushion is complete and waiting for a new home. The project was made in a very similar manner as making a china cup and saucer pincushion........only on a little smaller scale. I'm pretty pleased with the end result though and it was nice to use up something that I might have just thrown out anyway since the little sugar bowl was cracked.
- I started with repairing the break with two stage epoxy.......and I really glopped it on to give it renewed strength.
- Then I cut a circle of velvet about 2 1/2 times the diameter of the little bowl and centered on the back of it....a circle of steel wool slightly larger than the diameter of the bowl and two thick pieces of batting a tiny bit smaller.
- Then I used large basting stitches around the edge of the velvet to pull tight and gather it all into a tightly stuffed ball. You can add or remove stuffing to get it to a size that looks right for your cup.
- Once the size was right, I secured the gathers with a few stitches and glued the velvet ball into the cup with a hot glue gun and held it firmly down in place while the glue set up.
- I then used a scrap of gimp which I tea dyed and glued with white glue around the base of the velvet ball.
- Next, I embellished the velvet with a few ribbon flowers and leaves and a little metal trinket all hand stitched in place.
So...on with the Giveaway Details....
Well....... now this little pincushion needs a new home. So if you'd be kind enough to offer her a good home, please leave a comment on this post letting me know that you have the perfect spot for her, and on Saturday June 19th a winning comment will be chosen using random.org. You can leave a comment until midnight Friday June 18th, and I will ship anywhere so everyone is free to leave a comment. Only one comment per person.......unless you are a kind follower in which case you should leave a second comment as well. Please make sure that there is a way for me to contact you should your comment be chosen. If I cannot contact the person with the winning comment by June 21, I will have to select a new winning comment.