Monday, June 16, 2008

Sweet Somethings

Just for my own curiosity, I've started to take the Wilton cake decorating classes offered by Michaels. We finally got a Michaels and now was my big chance to take the classes I always wanted to take. It has been very basic so far, but I have learned some new things, and mostly it's just nice to have someone there to watch what you're doing and answer any question you might think of. I tried a new border that I'd never done, and we very quickly went over the Wilton rose, but I didn't quite have the icing texture quite right, but I'm getting there. It's just too bad their icing is so awfully sweet. For me the single biggest problem has been getting the proper icing consistency and it's been good to have someone show you rather than just tell you what is right and what isn't. Now my problem is what to do with all these cakes!! My neighbours will be subjected to a lot of sampling over the next two weeks I think.

No comments: