Thursday, December 29, 2011

Mrs C's Garlic Toast Spread

Hopefully everyone had a nice relaxing Christmas!  We sure did here.  This is only the second time that we have elected to stay home for the holidays in may years.  We spent a nice Christmas Eve over visiting with neighbours, and had our own quiet Christmas at home...just the three of us.  I managed to find quite a small turkey......small enough for one turkey dinner....plenty of toasted turkey sandwiches....turkey soup.....turkey pot pie....and even a smidge left over yet.  Today I made the soup and pie to use up the bulk of the meat (and my 4th batch of ginger sparkles this holiday....don't know where they all keep disappearing to??).  Along with the soup....while there was not enough time to make buns by the time I thought about it....I did run to the store to grab some nice fresh Scotch Baps to turn into garlic toast.  This garlic spread is from a family friend (Mrs C) who has since passed away.  Many times during the year I find myself pulling out my notebook and making one or another of her recipes.....she was always such a good cook, and a good person.  
Mrs C's Garlic Toast Spread
4 oz softened cream cheese
2 oz softened butter
1/2 tsp dry mustard
3-4 shakes of garlic powder
1 tsp sour cream
pinch of pepper and salt

Mix all together and spread on split buns.  Toast in oven until topping begins to turn golden.

No comments: