Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Sensible Matryoshka Bookmark

I have tried to be a little more sensible about some of the swaps I've been taking part in lately.  It is immensely fun to send and of course receive mail from all over the globe.  Just the stamps alone make it interesting.  The only 'fly in the ointment' on the fabulousness of swapping.....is the postage.  And Canada Post has some of the steepest rates:(  However....if you keep it to flat swaps that can fit through the 2 cm measuring slot....it is not considered package mail and the rates are slightly more agreeable.  So I always hope to be able to flat mail swaps in the interest of saving money.  I'm sure you can guess how frustrating it is to find that just because something is too thick for the 2 cm slot the postage goes from $2 to $6 or more.  In the interest of more flat swapping.........I decided to join a swap for handmade bookmarks.  That's pretty flat right??  Now my little flat and sensible Matryoshka is off to Kuala Lumpur......I hope she has a nice flight:)

2 comments:

val said...

oh she is so lovely! I love bookmarks.....a swap sounds like a good summer idea!

LittleRed said...

Thanks Val! I may have a few too many on the go now:)