Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Quick Mug Rug

Another sewing swap went out the door this past weekend.  The swap was for a 'Mug Rug' which is a little spot to put down your coffee or tea with a wee bit of extra room for something else.  Don't worry, I'm not going to try and eat that egg.....it is well past what I would call fresh....it's strictly decorative.  
It was a busy weekend around here, but I did manage to get this swap out just in the nick of time.  Lots going on and lots coming up too.  We are planning a little extended long weekend visit to the Prairies to visit with friends and family while Ike is on his spring break.  That way, Ike will not miss any school, and I can get back a few days of worked overtime.  
Anyway, this little swap was quite a cute one.....and it gave me a chance to try free motion quilting which is something I have been putting off.....dreading actually.  As with many dreaded experiences, its bark was much worse than its bite.  It was....in fact.....quite fun!  So.....I am looking forward to trying it again.....soon!  Certainly, my first try at it was not without mistakes.....but it was no where near as difficult as I had imagined it would be.  The pattern and tutorial are right here....and just in time for a quick Easter gift too!  Seriously....it will be done in an hour.  I will try it again with a thicker batting, I think, and maybe with some binding.  I always think things look better with a binding don't you??

3 comments:

Lori said...

So cute- I love it!

val said...

oh that is precious. I think I like this one without binding. I love your egg and eggcup. I've got a few of those eggs too...so pretty!

LittleRed said...

Thanks Lori and Val!! It was a very quick and fun little project. I would like to make some more today.....but sadly I have to go to work:(