Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Hello...What are You up to??

Well..just checking in to say that I have not yet given up on my first doily project.  You can see from the photo that I have made some progress.  While talking on the phone to my mum the other day, I decided that I should pin out this thing to ensure that it is actually going to lay flat and be at least somewhat roundish at some point.  The cute part of the pattern is just starting to come into view now.......Can you tell what it is??  Probably hard to see just yet......You'll have to wait for another update photo!  Just for a sense of scale....it is now about 14 inches across and should be about 20 inches across when (if) finished.  It has got some uneven tension that I hope will sort itself out in blocking....if it's not too bad that is.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  It is my first real thread crochet doily so I am trying to keep my expectations low to avoid disappointment.  So far.... so good!
I've also been working away at a little swap project that has given me a prime opportunity to try free motion quilting for the first time.  As with so many things...the anticipation of trying this for the first time was much worse than the actual experience.  Again...it's not perfect, but it's only the first time I've tried it.  At least now I'm not afraid to try it again.  So...what have you been up to??

No comments: