Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I'm Back....with Chewy Marshmallow Blondies

Well......I just spent 2 weeks away in Chicago that were an absolute test of my fortitude.  Now I am back.....sanity nearly in tact, and try to fix all the issues that accumulated in my absence.  I did manage to spend an entire long weekend doing very nearly nothing.....well nothing very useful......it was nice!  
I took some nice walks in the autumn air, and tried to remind myself of all the little things that I should be very thankful for......(It was Thanksgiving this past weekend....here in Canada).  I came up with quite a few...enough to confirm that my glass is really half full:)
While I had brought along a small knitting project to work on that would be easily finished on my two weeks away.....the schedule was so horrific, that I didn't even get to start it.  Well this weekend......I started it and got a good way through it as well:)  I'm starting to think about making Christmas presents now.....before it's too late!
And......back to making school lunches after a two week break!  I decided to try this recipe for the lunch box.  It is nut free (which is good for Ike's school) but would only benefit from the addition of nuts if desired.  It's sweet and chewy goodness and sure to be a favourite with the kids......with a nice glass of cold milk!
Sweet and Chewy Blondie Squares
1/2 cup butter
1 cup butterscotch chips
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups marshmallow (mini)
1 cup chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350F and line a 8 inch square pan with foil or parchment. Melt together the butter and butterscotch chips and set aside to cool.  Beat eggs, vanilla and brown sugar and stir in the butter mixture together with it.  Stir the flour, salt, and baking powder in to the wet ingredients until well mixed.  Stir in the marshmallows and chocolate chips....and any nuts it you'd like.  Spread into prepared pan and bake 15 to 20 minutes until top becomes golden, and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Remove from oven and slice when cool.

4 comments:

Merry said...

Mmmmmmm....these look delish. Evan's school has a "no nuts, no chocolate" rule but there's no rule that says I can't make them for home. ;)

LittleRed said...

Thanks Merry,
They were pretty popular I think.....less than 24 hours and and baking pan is empty. Wow......with a no chocolate rule....that is just plain weird....I might just have to switch schools.

Amy said...

Wow...that looks so divine!

LittleRed said...

Thanks Amy,
We really liked them:) Thanks for stopping in!