Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Handmade Holidays Idea #2 Baked Goodness


Now who doesn't love home baked cookies??? Most people like to have home baking around for the holidays, but not everyone likes to bake themselves. So if you don't mind baking, why not make someones day with some serious home baked goodness. Here's a recipe that is perfect for the holiday season. It's easy, it keeps well, looks beautiful, and is just right for the Christmas Season. Of course it's all in the presentation, but do make it a tightly sealed container as these are a delicious chewy cookie and you want them to stay that way. I had not made this recipe in over 25 years, and today I made them.......and they were as good as I remembered and I'm so glad I made them again. I think you might be too.......Go on...you know you waaannnnaa.


Ginger Sparkles

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups butter
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 cup molasses
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 1/2 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground ginger


In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar. Add eggs, molasses, and vanilla and mix well. Stir in baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger. Add flour and mix to incorporate. Roll into 1 inch balls, then roll in a small dish of white sugar to coat the ball of dough. Place on cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes at 350 F. No need to flatten the dough balls as they will spread out as they bake. The recipe makes a whole bunch....over 80 for the one inch balls I made and is a total snap in a stand mixer.

5 comments:

Mescrap said...

I love your blog swap ~ 2


Oooh ...so delicious ! Thanks for the recipe.

Anonymous said...

ohhh-- YUMMY! I am soo making some of these for gifts.. and gifting myself some!

Unknown said...

Hey there, I am so trying this recipe tomorrow...they sound delicious! Thanks, Kylie (lorikyles from swapbot!)

LittleRed said...

I hope you like them:)

Unknown said...

Mmmmmmm I just made a batch and they are YUMMY!!!! Thanks for sharing your recipe. Sam xoxo