Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
If that's not your cup of tea....then make it a coffee....you get the picture......and take a friend that you haven't chatted with in a while along.....it's on me. I'll be sending the winner a $20 gift card from Tim Hortons to help knock the chill off and hopefully spend some time with a friend. Now who wouldn't like some of that???
- Leave a comment below (on this post) with your favourite Halloween costume that you were when you were a kid or one you'd have liked and you are entered!
- You can enter once per day.
- Draw closes Saturday November 1/08 at midnight.
- Remember to leave an email or link at which you can be reached.
- Winner will be chosen using a random number generator, posted and contacted Sunday November 2 and you'll have to respond with an mailing address within 4 days or a new winner will be chosen.
- Please use the format of jane(dot)doe(at)hotmail(dot)com when providing an email so you won't get a whole bunch of spam.
- Remember this prize will only be sent to a Canadian address.
Please go check out Bloggy Giveaways for more fun !
Monday, October 27, 2008
The Rules, for those interested in entering are........
- This contest is international and open to absolutely everyone.
- Enter by leaving one comment at the bottom of this post before midnight on October 31. Make sure to leave an email address or link so I can contact you should your name be drawn.
- A random number generator will be used and the winner will be contacted for their address and announced here on Saturday November 1, 2008.
- The package will be posted to the winner within the week.
As always, when leaving an email address, I would recommend that you leave it in the format of jane(dot)doe(at)hotmail(dot)com . This should keep your spam down to a minimum. Please take the link to Bloggy Giveaways below to check out a tonne of other cool Giveaways! Have Fun:)
More giveaways at the Bloggy Giveaways Quarterly Carnival!
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Another year I got to reuse the cute black hat with the ears and could have reused the pants had he not grown in height. This year Ike decided he was going to be a spider, so costume modifications were minimal. Again, I made a top and bottom based on good fitting pyjamas, but before I sewed up the sides on the pyjamas, I sewed together and stuffed, four fleece tubes of similar size to the arms and legs of his outfit. When it was time to sew together the the front and back of the top, I inserted two extra fleece 'arms' on each side seam and sewed them up. You have to think about what you are doing, and place the arms inside the body of the top while you are sewing or else you may end up with extra arms on the inside of your costume rather than on the outside. Yep, I've done it. In order to make the extra arms come to life, I sewed lengths of white ribbon between each successive arm in a spider web outline. This way, when he lifted his arms he would also lift the four stuffed arms hanging below. This one was pretty darned cute......I really liked that one:)
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Saturday, October 18, 2008
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 cup milk
pinch of salt
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Monday, October 6, 2008
If you'd like a slice, come over....I'll save you one. Or you could make your own. Here's the recipe just in case you like to try it.